Continuing Education Recognition for Webinars
As an agency charged with providing quality training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center recognizes that our webinar programs offer opportunities for our participants to receive employee development hours or credit hours towards professional credentials.
TransCen, Inc. and its project the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center provide certificates of participation to those who request them for webinar sessions of 60 minutes and longer. Additionally, we may provide continuing education (CE) credits for some of our sessions that are approved by:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
For those in the ADA Coordinator Certification Program (ACTCP) administered by the Great Plains ADA Center, the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center's certificate of participation may be submitted for either Foundation or Elective credits, depending on the webinar topic.
Because of the administrative costs associated with providing certificates of participation and other continuing education recognition, beginning April 1, 2019 we will charge a fee for this service.
Continuing Education Policies
- Certificates and continuing education (CE) hours are only available for sessions of 60 minutes and longer.
- Certificates and CE hours are only provided for those who participate in the original live broadcast of the webinar session.
- To preserve the integrity of our training programs, we must verify attendance in order to issue CE hours or certificates.
- Instructions on the procedure for requesting a certificate or CE hours must be followed in order for the ADA Center to verify participation. Instructions are below and included in the email reminder message for each session.
- Request for CE hours or certificates must be received within 6 days of the webinar session. The deadline date and time will be included in the instructions.
- Available continuing education recognition will be noted on each webinar session's webpage on the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center's training calendar.
CE fees are as follows:
- Certificate of Participation for single session: $10.00
- Certificate of Attendance for Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC), Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for single session: $20.00 per certificate
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) LU/HSW or LU reported directly to AIA via the CES platform for each session: $20.00
- Participants may request a refund of the CE fee by contacting the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center at least 48 hours before the scheduled session. To request a refund, email ADAtraining@transcen.org or call 301 217 0124 with the name of the participant and the name and date of the session. Refunds will not be issued within 48 hours of the scheduled session.
In order to receive credit for a session, a participant must pay the required fee when registering for each webinar session and send an email message to ADAtraining@transcen.org, providing the continuing education code which is announced at the end of each session. We are unable to process requests received after 6 days following the webinar session.
If for some reason the code is missed (for example, due to an interruption in telephone service), ADA Center staff can review the logs from the session to verify attendance.
- If the session was accessed through the webinar platform: Participants must provide the name they used to log in to the Blackboard Collaborate webinar platform.
- If the session was accessed through the telephone conference line: Participants must provide the phone number they called from when accessing the telephone conference line.
Group attendance procedure: In the email message requesting certificates, along with the session continuing education code, provide the first and last name and email address of each person in the group requiring certificates. Also indicate if any of the participants require CE hours for an accreditation organization if that session has been approved for credit.
Certificates of participation and CE certificates will be sent via email approximately 2 weeks after the session. AIA credits are reported directly to AIA via their platform.
Questions on the continuing education program may be directed to ADAtraining@transcen.org.