Continuing Education Recognition for Webinars
As an agency charged with providing quality training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center recognizes that our webinar programs offer opportunities for our participants to receive employee development hours or credit hours towards professional credentials.
TransCen, Inc. and its project the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center provide certificates of participation to those who request them for webinar sessions of 60 minutes and longer. Additionally, we may provide continuing education (CE) credits for some of our sessions that are approved by:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
For those in the ADA Coordinator Certification Program (ACTCP) administered by the Great Plains ADA Center, the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center's certificate of participation may be submitted for either Foundation or Elective credits, depending on the webinar topic.
Because of the administrative costs associated with providing certificates of participation and other continuing education recognition, beginning April 1, 2019 we will charge a fee for this service.
Continuing Education Policies
- Certificates and continuing education (CE) hours are only available for sessions of 60 minutes and longer.
- To preserve the integrity of our training programs, we must verify attendance in order to issue CE hours or certificates.
- Available continuing education recognition will be noted on each webinar session's webpage on the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center's training calendar.
CE fees are as follows:
- Certificate of Participation for single session: $10.00
- Certificate of Attendance for Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC), Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for single session: $20.00 per certificate
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) LU/HSW or LU reported directly to AIA via the CES platform for each session: $20.00
- Participants may view the session as a group, but payment is required for each individual to receive CE recognition.
- Certificates and CE hours are available for those who participate in the original live broadcast of the webinar session or on select archived recordings.
- Instructions on the procedure for requesting a certificate or CE hours must be followed in order for the ADA Center to verify participation. Instructions are below and included in the email reminder message for each session.
- Participants may request a refund of the CE fee by contacting the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center at least 48 hours before a live broadcast session. To request a refund, email ADAtraining@transcen.org or call 301 217 0124 with the name of the participant and the name and date of the session. Refunds are not available for the CE fees for archived recordings.
Live Webinar Broadcasts
- Request for CE hours or certificates must be received within 6 days of the webinar session. The deadline date and time will be included in the instructions during the webinar session and in the webinar reminder email message.
- In order to receive credit for a session, a participant must pay the required fee when registering for each webinar session and send an email message to ADAtraining@transcen.org, providing the continuing education code which is announced at the end of each session. We are unable to process requests received after 6 days following the webinar session.
- If for some reason the code is missed (for example, due to an interruption in telephone service), ADA Center staff can review the logs from the session to verify attendance.
- If the session was accessed through the webinar platform: Participants must provide the name they used to log in to the Blackboard Collaborate webinar platform.
- If the session was accessed through the telephone conference line: Participants must provide the phone number they called from when accessing the telephone conference line.
- Certificates of participation and CE certificates will be sent via email approximately 2 weeks after the session. AIA credits are reported directly to AIA via their platform.
Archived Webinar Recordings
- Continuing education recognition is available for select webinar recordings as noted on the webinar session’s page on the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center’s web site.
- In order to receive CE recognition, a participant must pay the required fee when registering for each webinar session.
- Upon registration and payment, the participant will receive a message containing a link to a quiz. Participants may review the quiz, view the session, then complete the quiz, scoring 70% or higher to receive CE recognition. Participants have only one opportunity to take the quiz.
- Certificates of participation and CE certificates will be sent via email within 5 business days. AIA credits are reported directly to AIA via their platform.
Questions on the continuing education program may be directed to ADAtraining@transcen.org.