Thanks to participants, speakers and exhibitors for attending this year's ADA Update!
If you would like to receive information about the 2019 Mid-Atlantic ADA Update next fall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, please send a message to ADATraining@transcen.org.
Mid-Atlantic ADA Update
Wednesday, September 5 and Thursday, September 6, 2018
Pre-Conference Session "ADA Overview": Tuesday, September 4 - 1:00 - 5:00 PM
25th Annual Conference on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Presented by TransCen, Inc. and the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
8661 Leesburg Pike
Tysons, Virginia 22182
New This Year: ADA and Business Boot Camp
Keynote Speaker: Claudia Gordon, Esq.
Plenary panel session featuring speakers from Federal Agencies:
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- United States Access Board
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration
Breakout sessions will address the ADA in these areas:
- Business responsibilities and best practices
- Disability employment
- State and local government
- Veterans in the workplace
- Healthcare access
- Service animals
- Corrections and law enforcement
- Accessible technology
Professional Development Opportunities - 14 hours available!
- Sessions have been approved for LU/HSW by the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
- Sessions can be used for credit for the ADA Coordinator Training Certification Program (ACTCP).
- Sessions are eligible for PDCs from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Sessions are eligible for Recertification Credit Hours from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
- Sessions are eligible for Clock hHours from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- We also offer a certificate of participation for employee development hours.
Registration fee is $459.
- 2 full days of conference sessions, including an option to attend the ADA and Business Boot Camp
- 2 continental breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- Pre-conference session
- Multiple networking opportunities
The Sheraton Tysons Hotel is located in the Tysons Corner area of Northern Virginia, convenient to I-95, the Capital Beltway, I-66, Dulles International Airport, Reagan National Airport and the Metrorail Silver Line.
To reserve a room in the conference room block for $145 (plus tax) at the Sheraton Tysons Hotel click here: Mid-Atlantic ADA Update 2018 Room Block. You may also call the hotel directly at 1-800-325-3535 and ask for the ADA Update 2018 room block. ROOM BLOCK RATE EXPIRES AUGUST 14.
Sponsors and Vendors
TransCen, Inc. and the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center would like to invite your organization to participate as a sponsor or vendor at the 25th Annual Mid-Atlantic ADA Update. For more information click on the Sponsor Prospectus below.
These organizations have signed up to support the 2018 Mid-Atlantic ADA Update!
Questions about the Mid-Atlantic ADA Update, contact:
Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
1-800-949-4232 V/TTY in DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV
or email ADAtraining@transcen.org
The Mid-Atlantic ADA Center is a project of TransCen, Inc. (Federal ID #52-1487462; DUNS 627032386) and funded by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (grant #90DP0089) under the Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The content of this conference does not necessarily represent the policy of HHS, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.