Public transportation provides a vital lifeline for people with and without disabilities to access employment, education, healthcare, and community life. Accessible transportation allows individuals with disabilities to live independently and enjoy all the opportunities and amenities available in a community.
Easter Seals Project Action Consulting, an organization which helps community agencies find solutions to improve mobility for people with disabilities and their families, presented this free webinar.
The session addressed many of the main transportation issues that people with disabilities face today and answered these questions:
- How do I find a ride?
- What are the skills needed to use public transportation and where can I or my child gain this knowledge?
- What are my rights and responsibilities regarding ADA complementary paratransit service?
- What is an appropriate referral to ADA complementary paratransit or some other form of specialized transportation?
- Donna Smith, Director of Training, Easter Seals Project Action Consulting
- Kristi McLaughlin, Training and Technical Assistance Specialist II, Easter Seals Project Action Consulting
Top Transportation Issues Webinar Archive
(Archive opens in Blackboard Collaborate webinar platform. More information and links to Blackboard Collaborate Support can be found on ADA-Audio.org Program Format web page)