Presented by TransCen, Inc. and the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
Access this webinar free of charge.
An estimated 34.2 million US citizens have a disability, yet only 26% of people with a disability are known to be in the workforce. These statistics could change due to movements for inclusion and technology advancements. However, stigma persists regarding asking and answering the question – do you have a disability? This webinar looks at differences between self-identification and self-disclosure and sheds new light on how this sensitive question makes people act and feel.
- The difference between self-identification and self disclosure – how to avoid the inclusion confusion
- Why the self-identification question is asked, how that information is tracked, stored and utilized
- How do people with disabilities and their service providers FEEL about the request to self-identify
- What can be done to make everyone more knowledgeable and more comfortable about this topic
Continuing Education Recognition Available
Certificate of Participation ($10 fee)
1 HR (General) Recertification Credit Hours by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) ($20 fee)
- 1 PDCs by Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) ($20 fee)
- 1 Clock Hour (Ethics) by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) ($20 fee)
After registering, you'll receive access to a 5 question quiz for which you'll need to answer correctly 4 questions, in order for us to provide you with a certificate and/or CE hours. The quiz must be completed by May 21, 2021.
Janet Fiore, a national authority on disability, diversity and compliance policy and procedure for business, is the President and CEO of The Sierra Group. She’s an award-winning speaker and consultative trainer who routinely provides media input as well as testimony for Congress, the GSA and the Department of Veterans Affairs. As a woman with numerous disabilities, Janet combines her business and rehabilitation expertise, along with her own professional and personal accommodation experiences in order to ‘drive up’ employment success for all of her customers.