Presented by TransCen, Inc. and the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
The Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act are both federal civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination against people with disabilities, and are frequently confused with each other. This presentation will help to clarify the difference between the two laws, and address ten frequently asked questions about accessibility and the fair housing rights of people with disabilities in private housing. Topics to be covered will include requesting a reasonable accommodation or modification, assistance animals, accessibility requirements under the Fair Housing Act, and more.
Lauren Jackson, Program Compliance Officer with the Baltimore City Office of Equity and Civil Rights and Program Manager for their Fair Housing Initiative Program through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- There is no charge to view this session.
- This webinar will be presented on the GotoWebinar platform, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.
- Real-time captions will be available.
- This session will be recorded for later viewing.
Continuing Education Recognition Available
- Certificate of Participation ($10 fee)
For further information on our continuing education policies and procedures, please visit our Continuing Education Recognition for Webinars page.