Mid-Atlantic ADA Update Conference
Deadline: May 28, 2019
TransCen's Mid-Atlantic ADA Center invites interested speakers to share their experience and expertise at our conference on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Mid-Atlantic ADA Update, scheduled for November 13 – 15, 2019 at the Philadelphia 201 Hotel (formerly Sheraton) in downtown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2019 marks our 26th annual conference, a 2 ½ day event providing more than 300 participants from the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond with up-to-date information on the ADA. This event features speakers from the federal enforcement agencies and other professionals with expertise in all areas of the ADA, including physical access, employment, effective communication, and requirements for state and local governments and businesses open to the public. We are accepting proposals on all topics related to the ADA, however, this year we have a particular interest in presentations in these specific areas:
- Title I compliance for HR professionals and retaining employees with disabilities
- Topics relevant to state and local government agencies
- Detention and corrections under Title II (not law enforcement or courts)
- Higher education and supporting students with disabilities
- Complimentary registration fee for the entire conference
- Valuable professional exposure
- Copy of the evaluation summary from your session(s)
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Proposal is submitted by the deadline and is complete
- Relevance of presentation topic to current trends and needs of our audience
- Innovation, interaction and creativity of presentation
- Balance of conference schedule across topical tracks
- Conference breakout sessions will be 90 minutes in length and must be interactive, including at least 20 minutes of Q&A and/or interactive activities. If your presentation will take longer, please indicate that your topic will require more than one session.
- Deadline for submissions is May 28, 2019.
- Presentations must cover information relevant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The information you furnish may be edited if necessary due to space limitations and will be printed in our materials, publications, and on our website.
- If selected as a speaker, you will receive confirmation by July 19, 2019 followed by a Speaker's Agreement and other information about the conference.
- More than one presentation may be submitted for consideration; however, one form per presentation must be completed.
- The audience at our annual conference is typically a well-informed mix of approximately 300 people including Title II coordinators from state and local governments; professionals within the business community, disability services, rehabilitation, and human resource communities; architects and design professionals; people with disabilities and family members.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent via email by July 19, 2019.
- Questions? Contact the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center via email at ADAtraining@transcen.org or call us at 301 217 0124.
Fill out the form below to submit a proposal. You may submit more than one proposal, but you must complete a separate form for each submission.