As an agency charged with providing quality training on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center recognizes that our webinar programs offer opportunities for our participants to receive employee development hours or credit hours towards professional credentials.
TransCen, Inc. and its project the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center provide certificates of participation to those who request them for webinar sessions of 60 minutes and longer. Additionally, many of our sessions closely align with several continuing education (CE) certifying organizations, such as the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC), the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Participants may obtain a certificate of participation for organizations that accept self-submissions.
For those in the ADA Coordinator Training Certification Program (ACTCP) administered by the Great Plains ADA Center, the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center’s certificate of participation may be submitted for either Foundation or Elective credits, depending on the webinar topic.
Because of the administrative costs associated with providing certificates of participation, we charge a nominal fee for this service.
Continuing Education Policies
- The fee for a certificate for a single session is $10.00.
- Certificates are only available for sessions of 60 minutes and longer.
- Certificates are only available for those who participate in the original live broadcast of the webinar session; certificates are not issued for listening to archived recordings.
- To preserve the integrity of our training programs, we must verify attendance in order to issue certificates.
- Participants may view the session as a group, but payment is required for each individual to receive a certificate.
- Instructions on the procedure for requesting a certificate must be followed in order for the ADA Center to verify participation. Instructions are below and included in the email reminder message for each session.
- Participants may request a refund of the certificate fee by contacting the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center at least 48 hours before a live broadcast session. To request a refund, email ADAtraining@transcen.org or call 301-217-0124 with the name of the participant and the name and date of the session.
- In order to receive a certificate for a session, a participant must pay the required fee when registering for each webinar session. Following the session, a participant must send an email message to ADAtraining@transcen.org, providing the continuing education code which is announced at the end of each session.
- Request for certificates must be received within two (2) business days of the webinar session. The deadline date and time will be included in the instructions during the webinar session and in the webinar reminder email message.
- If for some reason the code is missed (for example, due to an interruption in internet or telephone service), ADA Center staff can review the logs from the session to verify attendance.
- If the session was accessed through the webinar platform, participants must provide the name they used to log in to the webinar platform.
- If the session was accessed through the telephone conference line, participants must provide the phone number they called from when accessing the telephone conference line.
- Certificates of participation will be sent via email approximately 2 weeks after the session.
Questions on the continuing education program may be directed to ADAtraining@transcen.org.