Presented by TransCen, Inc. and the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
What are your responsibilities under Title III* of the ADA if you are landlord or a tenant? The answer may surprise you. This lunchtime webinar covers everything you need to know, including:
- ADA access requirements and common misconceptions
- Who is responsible for access violations on a leased property
- Best practices for landlords and tenants to avoid lawsuits
- Common conflicts between landlords and tenants about accessibility issues and how to avoid them
- Strategies for dealing with drive-by lawsuits
Our speaker, Minh Vu, is a partner and leader of the ADA Title III Team at Seyfarth Shaw, LLP. She is a national expert who has represented both landlords and tenants in hundreds of access lawsuits. She also oversaw the enforcement of Title III of the ADA at the U.S. Department of Justice.
*This session does not address housing, which is generally covered by the Fair Housing Act, not the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This session will cover ADA access issues for landlords and tenants in various types of businesses open to the public, also known as public accommodations including:
- retail establishments,
- insurance offices,
- health care facilities,
- banks and financial institutions,
- service establishments (e.g., car wash, dry cleaners, law firm),
- entertainment venues (e.g., movie theatre, sports arenas)
- social service establishments (e.g., homeless shelter).