2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presented by TransCen Inc. and the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
A Comprehensive Review with Best Practices for Human Resource Professionals
Figuring out how to navigate and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act can be difficult in itself. So when FMLA or Workers’ Compensation are also involved, confusion about how each law applies is understandable. As cases increase in complexity with more than one law to apply, it’s important we understand the obligations under each and ensure we have effective processes in place to manage them. After a deep review of the six areas of intersection, we will go through an exercise to see how the intersections apply in real scenarios. To help employers effectively implement each law, we will explore best practices to set up employers and employees for success.
Presenter: Lauren Schipper, Regional Accommodation Manager, Amazon
Registration is closed for this session.
Continuing Education Recognition Available:
- Certificate of Participation
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 1.5 PDC
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) 1.5 Recertification Credit Hours
- Commission for Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) 1.5 Clock Hours
For more information on policies and procedures for continuing education recognition for Mid-Atlantic ADA Center - TransCen, Inc. webinars, visit Continuing Education Recognition for Webinars.
Webinar Access Information:
- Registrants will receive an email message with specific access information prior to the session.
- This webinar will be presented via the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform.
- Real-time captioning will be available through the webinar platform.
- A telephone option will also be available.
First-time Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing System V12.6 users:
For more information on pre-configuring your computer for use with Blackboard Collaborate, please visit the First Time Users page. Depending on your organizational policies you may need the assistance of your IT Staff if firewalls prevent you from downloading files. If you plan to log into the online webinar system to view the presentation, access captioning and/or submit questions it is important that you follow the instructions for checking your computer system to ensure that it is configured correctly and you have the necessary software to access the webinar platform.
Screen Reader Users:
Individuals who are using Screen Reader Software should review the instructions and information available in the Accessibility Guide for Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing prior to the session.