Mid-Atlantic ADA Update Conference
Deadline: March 30, 2018
TransCen, Inc. and its project, the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center invite interested speakers to share their experience and expertise with their colleagues at 2 upcoming conferences on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
- 25th Annual Mid-Atlantic ADA Update - September 4 - 6, 208 - Sheraton Tysons Hotel, Tysons, Virginia.
- 26th Annual Mid-Atlantic ADA Update - March 27 - 29, 2019 - Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Disability as diversity in the workforce
- Including people with disabilities in a business customer base
- Access to healthcare
- Disability-related inquiries and medical examinations under the ADA
- Digital Accessibility for the layman/beginner
- Higher Education: accommodations, access issues – lessons learned
- Corrections, law enforcement and courts – lessons learned
- Complimentary registration fee for the entire conference
- Valuable professional exposure.
- Copy of the evaluation summary from your session(s).
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Proposal is submitted by the deadline and is complete
- Relevance of presentation topic to current trends and needs of our audience
- Innovation, interaction and creativity of presentation
- Balance of conference schedule across topical tracks
- Conference breakout sessions will be up to 90 minutes in length and must include at least 10-15 minutes of Q&A. If your presentation will take longer, please indicate that your topic will require more than one session.
- Deadline for submissions is March 30, 2018.
Presentations must cover information relevant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and fall into one of our conference's topical tracks:
- Title I - Employment
- Title II - State and Local Government
- Title III - Businesses Open to the Public
- Cross-Title Topics
- The information you furnish may be edited if necessary due to space limitations and will be printed in our materials, publications and on our website.
- If selected as a speaker, you will receive confirmation by May 15, 2018 followed by a Speaker's Agreement and other information about the conference.
- More than one presentation may be submitted for consideration; however, one form per presentation must be completed.
- The audience at our annual conference is typically a well-informed mix of approximately 300 people including Title II coordinators from state and local governments; professionals within the business, disability services, rehabilitation, and human resource communities; people with disabilities and family members.
- Questions? Contact the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center by email at ADAtraining@transcen.org or call 301-217-0124.
Fill out the form below to submit a proposal. You may submit more than one proposal, but you must complete a separate form for each submission.