2017 Mid-Atlantic ADA Update Conference
Deadline: March 27, 2017
The Mid-Atlantic ADA Center invites interested speakers to share their experience and expertise with their colleagues at the 24th annual Mid-Atlantic ADA Update on September 14 and 15, 2017 at the Sheraton Tysons Hotel at 8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons, Virginia. Please review the information and complete the webform below to submit a presentation. You may also download the Word version of the form and submit it to ADAtraining@transcen.org.
Mid-Atlantic ADA Update is the region's leading conference on the Americans with Disabilities Act. The 2 day conference features 20 breakout sessions covering 4 topical tracks and will include invited representatives from:
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration
- United States Access Board
- Complimentary registration fee for the entire conference
- Valuable professional exposure.
- Copy of the evaluation summary from your session(s).
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Proposal is submitted by the deadline and is complete
- Relevance of presentation topic to current trends and needs of our audience
- Innovation, interaction and creativity of presentation
- Balance of conference schedule across topical tracks
- Conference breakout sessions will be up to 90 minutes in length and must include at least 10-15 minutes of Q&A. If your presentation will take longer, please indicate that your topic will require more than one session.
- Deadline for submissions is March 27, 2017.
Presentations must cover information relevant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and fall into one of our conference's topical tracks:
- Title I - Employment
- Title II - State and Local Government
- Title III - Businesses Open to the Public
- Cross-Title Topics
- The information you furnish may be edited if necessary due to space limitations and will be printed in our materials, publications and on our website.
- If selected as a speaker, you will receive confirmation by May 15, 2017 followed by a Speaker's Agreement and other information about the conference.
- More than one presentation may be submitted for consideration; however, one form per presentation must be completed.
- The audience at our annual conference is typically a well-informed mix of approximately 300 people including Title II coordinators from state and local governments; professionals within the business, disability services, rehabilitation, and human resource communities; people with disabilities and family members.
- Questions? Contact the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center by email at ADAtraining@transcen.org or call 301-217-0124.
Fill out the form below to submit.