Mid-Atlantic ADA Update Conference
Deadline: March 30, 2018
TransCen's Mid-Atlantic ADA Center invites interested speakers to share their experience and expertise at our conference on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Mid-Atlantic ADA Update, scheduled for September 4 - 6, 2018 at the Sheraton Tysons Hotel, Tysons Corner, Virginia.
- Topics related to businesses and compliance with the ADA, including physical and digital access, strategies to welcome customers with disabilities and employment of people with disabilities
- Access to services, facilities and communication in healthcare settings
- Corrections, law enforcement and courts
- State and local government – program access and reasonable modifications to policies and procedures
- Complimentary registration fee for the entire conference
- Valuable professional exposure.
- Copy of the evaluation summary from your session(s).
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Proposal is submitted by the deadline and is complete
- Relevance of presentation topic to current trends and needs of our audience
- Innovation, interaction and creativity of presentation
- Balance of conference schedule across topical tracks
- Conference breakout sessions will be 90 minutes in length and must include at least 10-15 minutes of Q&A. If your presentation will take longer, please indicate that your topic will require more than one session.
- Deadline for submissions is March 30, 2018.
Presentations must cover information relevant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information you furnish may be edited if necessary due to space limitations and will be printed in our materials, publications and on our website.
- If selected as a speaker, you will receive confirmation by May 11, 2018 followed by a Speaker's Agreement and other information about the conference.
- More than one presentation may be submitted for consideration; however, one form per presentation must be completed.
- The audience at our annual conference is typically a well-informed mix of approximately 300 people including Title II coordinators from state and local governments; professionals within the business community, disability services, rehabilitation, and human resource communities; architects and design professionals; people with disabilities and family members.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent via email by May 11, 2018.
Proposals not accepted for our 2018 conference will be considered for the 26th Annual Mid-Atlantic ADA Update, March 27 – 29, 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Questions? Contact the Mid-Atlantic ADA Center by email at ADAtraining@transcen.org or call 301-217-0124.
Fill out the form below to submit a proposal. You may submit more than one proposal, but you must complete a separate form for each submission.